Grandstream Wave is a FREE softphone application which allows users to make and receive voice/video calls through their business or residential SIP accounts on any iOS device (version 8.0+) and Android™ device (version 4.1+from anywhere in the world, via either cellular data or WiFi. This application supports integration of up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing, and allows users to monitor their IP PBX (such as Grandstream’s UCM6100 series IP PBX & UCM6510 IP PBX) while utilizing speed dial with up to 24 virtual BLF keys. Grandstream Wave also supports advanced SIP telephony features including call transfer, LDAP phonebook integration and more. With Grandstream Wave, business and residential users always have access to their SIP lines and can easily keep in touch with business or personal contacts without using expensive cellular data plans.
Note- Grandstream Wave will not work over AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile on IoS, as their data networks are solely IPv6.
Download Grandstream Wave (Apple iOS & Android)
GS Wave set up guide for Calltonet
To configure GS Wave you will need your CallToNet Username, Password and Domain name
After installing and opening GS Wave, bottom right corner, tap on Settings –> Account Settings.
Tap the “+” button and select SIP Account and enter your Calltonet SIP Credentials:
To complete the initial set up:
- Tap on the tick button in the top right hand corner.
Turning on BLF
Click on Settings –> Advanced Settings –> Scroll Down and Turn on BLF
Click on Settings –> Account Settings
- tap on the Calltonet account / extension number and scroll to Video Bit Rate
- Click on WiFi default is 512 kbps. You can reduce the kbps based on your internet bandwidth.
- Click 2G/3G/4G. default is 512 kbps. You can reduce the kbps based on your internet bandwidth.
Key Features & Technical Specifications:
- Supports Video, Hardware encode/decode, up to 720P
• Supports G.711µ/a, G.722 (HD-audio), G.726-32, GSM, iLBC and Opus codecs
• SIP-based softphone
• Requires iOS 8.0+
• Can be used over cellular data connection or WiFi
• Strong security features including SIP over TLS and 128/256-bit SRTP
• Supports 6 SIP accounts, up to 6-way audio conference, and 24 virtual BLF keys
• Native integration with mobile devices including contacts, call history and ringtones.
• Enterprise features including IP PBX integration, BLF, call transfer/pickup, call recording with UCM, LDAP
• Automatic call forwarding based on time and location rules
• Powerful NAT traversal options including automatic NAT discovery, STUN and UPnP
• Automatic provisioning including XML provisioning and 2-D barcode scan
• Fully customizable skins and themes for optional branding needs
• Voice channel switching between Bluetooth, earphone, speakerphone & 3.5mm headset
• Users can view info of Incoming & Outgoing calls and missed calls in call history
• Telephony Features: Hold, mute, transfer, forward (unconditional/no-answer/busy), call park/pickup, paging, Do Not Disturb (DND), call waiting, call history, flexible dial plan, custom ringtones, server redundancy & fail-over, and Busy Lamp Field (BLF)